Thursday, March 5, 2009

A relief

I was just leaving the office yesterday evening, after reading some blogs, my cousin called when I was in the bus and on the way home, usually when she calls it means something bad had happened, no wonder my left eye lid was jumping that morning, she broke the news that my grandma was admitted to the hospital and was kinda in critical condition, she had a stroke, it was a near death situation, and she can't speak properly, apparently when she want to say something the brain didn't function properly, that makes her mumble words and unclear, I heard from my cousin that her tongue was rolling back that time and couldn't speak too, it was a sign of a stroke I heard that before.
Later the next morning, my mom called, just before she called I dreamt that I took the phone and call my mom who is still in US, worrying that she was the only one that was unaware of the situation I just picked that phone and call her but it was a dream, I don't call her usually due the costly distance call charges and moreover she insists she will call always, so when I told her about grandma, both of us almost broke down in tears, I wasn't able to speak normally when I answered her, shortly after I spoke to her, she called my uncle to know more about the situation, praise the Lord that my grandma survived the stroke when my mom called me back to update me about grandma's condition, she was ready to be discharged today, it was really a near death experience for her, must be...when I call her sometimes and asked how was her, she always answered "same old, waiting for death to come, I'm too old for anything and am a burden to the family..." she said reluctantly. "It's not like that, you'll live long to see your grandchildren grow up and be a good citizen..." I told her.
Besides my mom, she is the only family I had have and I just told her during my visit last January during Chinese New Year, I remembered I told her that, I mustn't take anymore 'ang pow' from her or my relatives, I am old enough to earn my own income, moreover my grandma doesn't have any income too, so I took out a big red packet and shoved it under her pillow where she used to keep her belongings, she took my hand and place the ang pow too, saying that it was not much but she wish that ang pow would give me luck and 'smooth sailing' in my career. I still keep her ang pow, as a good luck charm now. Hence, I've told grandma that this would be the first and many years to come for me to give her big ang pows. My mom was so touched when she heard grandma told her about it, it is my responsibility I've told her, I am just doing my part, it is just too small compare to her love and care when she took care of me when I was young.
After that relieve, I just gotta get up and refresh myself to face the day again, guess what, I went for a hair cut.
Walked to my usual salon which is next to my apartment, The Edge Studio, had Tommy trimmed it up, but this time I told him to do something different, a bit wild, showing the other side of me, he was asking many times whether I was sure about it LOL, I convinced him that I needed a re-image myself, too much of the same old same old stuffs, so here it goes...tadaaa

Not bad huh? I like it too, this will be my hair style for awhile then :) so after the hair cut, I went to TGI to have my meal and I decided to treat myself with the irresistible mudpie, hmmmm so satisfying so rich and so yummy LOL. Didn't take the picture of food though, guess you guys already know how it looks like or tastes like...
After meal, I walked to Cineleisure to get my magazines, after failing to find what I wanted I went to the shop next to the book store, which sells video games and stuffs like that, I bought a 2D game, something like what I am playing online, Maple Story but this is a PS2 game called Odin Sphere, interesting game system, alchemy, artwork was nicely done, fast and entertaining, it's like Valkyrie Profile2 where you have to save the world by controlling the Valkyrie and fight every monster you meet, and you are the princess too. Except the much difference of the size of Lord Odin compare to the Valkyrie Profile2's handsome Odin lol. Enjoy it!



















2 comments:

  1. Hope your grandma is doing fine! Have you seen her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your concern savante, I think she's fine now, she's going for a brain scan this 14/3 and I am visiting her on the same day.

    ReplyDelete