Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A lesson well learnt

Last week was a busy week for me, and I had a show in Malacca on the weekend, I actually like the historical town, very much, it brings me back to where I used to live, Penang. As I began to know Malacca better, I also like the people there, friendlier and warmer. I checked in Equatorial Melacca, to many local or even tourists, it is an exquisite and expensive accomodation. I, somehow denied the truth as the consequences of having some old and almost broken cane chairs, stained bathroom walls and smelly carpet, otherwise I would still prefer Renaissance, at least they maintain it. If not for my colleague's friend, whom he almost worship and even have to cook up a storm to serve him as a token of appreciation for giving us 'special treatment' and special rate for our stays there. That is, the VP of Equatorial International.

We always travel a day prior to the event date to get a good night rest or to check out new places, collecting info and 'cari makan'. But I was alone that night, my colleague went to see his family who lives in the outskirt of Malacca. So, I went down to the street and took a stroll after dinner at Newton Food Court, in hope of finding an internet cafe, oh by the way, the hotel still charge for internet service and even WI-FI service, you have to pay to get the ID and password, how much? RM 15.00 per #$%!*& hour. So, down the street I followed, I kept my eyes on the lighted sign boards of shoplots, "foot massage...ffeeenix iinn...foot massage again....nyonya restaurant....spa and ! foot massage again @.@, wonder why people here like foot massage so much and is foot massage business that 'laku'...." I tilted my head to get rid of that thought when I saw a lighted tiny 'Internet Cafe' sign in orange, almost got entirely blocked by the foot massage sign board in front of it. Wasn't so sure at first , so I walked faster towards it to get a clearer look, yes it's an internet cafe, confirmation doubled with the online game posters covering the glass door as entrance.

Then I entered almost with pride that I finally found what I was looking for, I saw just a few players playing DoTA, some surfing. The setting of the shop didn't interest me at all, but who cares, as long as it gets me online LOL.

Anyway, straight to the point, my main purpose is to 'cari makan' online LOL, no no no just joking, I don't do this anymore, I am an online game freak, I just wanna kill time and was hoping they have the games I am playing - Maple Story, Wu Lin Qun Xia Zhuan, HighStreet5 and so on, I found out that they only have Maple Story so I just clicked it to start... = ='' I wasted almost 45 min waiting it to finish updating and download the setting, wonder how many decades they never run the maintenance, sigh...well meanwhile waiting for it, I saw a familiar icon on the desktop, a combination of 3 colors, blue, yellow and red, with a smiley :) I believe you know what it is. LOL.

Anyway, another disappointment coming up; read carefully...

BoxerKoyak: Hi
Me: Hello
BoxerKoyak: Location?
Me: Equatorial Hotel
BoxerKoyak: Waa expensive hotel...
Me: Who cares, company paying...
.....no reply


MatureMan: Wanna chat?
Me: Yeah sure
MatureMan: You like mature guy?
Me: Yes of cos
MatureMan: How old are you?
Me: 27 year old, 171cm and 70kg, how bout' you?
MatureMan: 52 year old...
.....no reply from me


But, I never give up...
Finally the game had finish uploading, I started playing Maple Story and at the same time I was also chatting, alt+tab all the time hearing the alert tone...


Charming: Hi how are you?
Me: Great thank you, u?
Charming: I am fine too
Me: intro please
Charming: 27 year old, 180cm 65kg
Me: "hmm looks yummy..." Oh do you have any photo?
Charming: Yea but you haven't intro yourself
Me: Opps my bad, 27 year old, 178cm 68kg "...musn't review my true identity >.<"
Charming: Do you have photo too?
Me: Yes, friendster.com/21345
Charming: guys4men.com/356... "Eh! what happened?"


I only see white screen...why? What happened?
"Er...encik, apa berlaku? Kenapa PC ni jam?" I asked anxiously.
"You tak boleh main game sambil chatting la..." The cashier said.
"Oh, I nak restart PC boleh? " Already losing patience, fingers reaching for the CPU button.
"Tak boleh buat 'cam tu, PC boleh rosak" Cashier warned.
...after many attempt to revive the PC and waiting, I gave up, walking out the cafe reluctantly.
With regrets, I walked back to my hotel and the same time cursing myself for being so dumb and greedy. I just wanna forget about it so I began to worry the show next day...and I can't sleep arghhh.

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just hate it when bad things happen just as the good things are about to heat up? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg....do u ask the cashier
    "encik...window berapa ni??sampai bole hang punya"

    wahaha....erm...next time better ask number than intro la(except those in silence 1~~~~)

    ReplyDelete