Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Adolescence - New Beginning? (Part 3.2)

There's a lot of event took place when I was moving around, wonder if I should break them down into more sub-parts, and believe me when you are trying to look back again like tracing every bits down memory lane, you will feel sick cracking your head. Flashes of memories keep coming back, like rewinding the tape, familiar faces but nameless, or forgotten.


Nevertheless, I am going to finish this.


Recalling the day when I moved down to Penang was the day before my mother flew to the States. And before I did, "Ah Boy, mummy's going to US tomorrow. Will send you to Penang's Salvation Army, ok? Don't worry, ma will call you when I reach there..." That was the last thing she said before flying off. I mean even if she could had told me earlier or even care to ask for my permission whether I will be alright if she needs to be somewhere far for a long time, I was speechless, I don't know what to say to her, couldn't be bothered where things began to emerge problematic to me at the new place. Before she manage to list me the reasons, I already know everything for the best or at least for the better change of living myself and hers.


After the first year there, she had a boyfriend that anxiously wanted to marry her, but it all became a total disappointment almost disaster, US was booming with constructions, buildings, developments and it happened that Uncle Charlie, my mum's bf's company was the leading company that held many major projects in that area, caught in the never-ending projects and plans, highest turnover ever happened in that year that even Uncle Charlie had to work on Christmas hols which was supposedly their wedding.


The pewter frame I've sent, hoping they would place their wedding photo in it, it turned that the effort was in vain. Nevertheless, I told mum that she can put whoever she wants as long as she's happy after that.

Well, sipping my Cappuccino at Starbucks listening to gay anthems, continue writing my past, yeah I admit it took ages to complete my post as well as reading it so, what I wanna do now is, just let it flow or I will write it impromptu, like when I'm now cruising at hunks at Starbucks suddenly remind me of something in the past...



Where were we, ohh yea I was transferred to Penang, The Pearl of the Orient. Guess what, the moment i stepped into my new room, my junior (the one I used to play with, in the previous chapter, let's just label him as Tony Toy) was standing just right in front of me staring out of the window. He turned and smiled, "Welcome home, my lover, btw I was watching you walking to the lobby, as i thought back about our past I suddenly started to feel things coming back to me." I didn't ask why or what, trying to divert the conversation, I was hesitating then, "When did you moved up here? I didn't know you were transferred too."

"Did your brother moved with ...uhmm you..." failed to finish the line, he pushed me towards the wall, hands in my pants, "Yeah, let's do this again, shall we?"

Then and there again, oppss I did it again.

Something came to me before I came to Penang, bugging me, the new beginning, gotta do something about it, a new start, right!

Was telling myself that I have to get rid of this "habit" Stop preying on others and stop being preyed. Could I get thru without it?

it was haunting me like nightmares, even worse, getting up just after the guardian finish checking the rooms, going to the same bed just to be pleased and getting back to bed, it had became a routine to me.

Apparently, this "new beginning" didn't work well did it? Better, I would say :)

In fact, I never stop praying to God after what I did all these years. Even after every heart throbbing sex I savoured, I prayed to God, asking for forgiveness, send me the salvation, the redemption. In the other hand, I became the possibly worst two faced guy I could be during those years. I was very strong in church, in the sense of committing myself to God, be the ministry of God, spreading gospel to the people, community and in the toilets downstairs in the church I would be doing the pounding, banging and yelled "Hallelujah! Praise the Lord!" How's that gonna grant me the salvation?



Still remember we always stayed over in the corps during every weekends, for the sermon prep, worship practises and Sunday School activities prep. So we don't have to travel back and forth from our home to the corps. I used to do that with Tony Toy, 'cos he's one of the musician, playing the acoustic guitar. I was the lead singer and the leader of the worship. Tony toy's brother, All-Rounder Rev (ARR), plays the keyboard.

At times we would sneak into the toilet during bedtime just after ARR went to sleep. God knows all the pounding and banging all that years gave me the inspiration to preach in Sunday School.

There's a book in the Bible - Jonah, I was named after that. Recalling the story about a holy man ran away from God and was swallowed by a big fish sent by God, after 3 days and 3 nights of repentant, he was released and he went back to his people to continue the ministry of God. Wondered I will be swallowed too, many came to convince me, advice, even had stand thru a 3 hour of counselling. It never work on me.

Guess what, may be He should be sending some cute face with broad chest pastor to get me back on track rather than wasting my time sitting in front of old, arrogant and ignorant seniors with their pestering lectures.

Time really flies, before I could recall the events in the home, I made connections in the school too, we proudly called it "Ong Family" same and lame as my surname it could be just like I inherited it from my selfish father.

It actually represents our "sistahood" during high school. I managed to blend in in the new school, and even joined a family! We have 10 uhmm wait... 11 of us?

I am the second, proven by our birthday. The first is working in KL like me, in some big company, have our own life. The rest, scattered, 2 in Singapore, 3 still in Penang, 1 lost after all these years we have not been keeping in touch, apparently this lost one didn't make it up to us and a few other. Well, the ones I mentioned were the closest to one another, we will hold a CNY gathering back in our hometown, my 2nd hometown, Penang. We would party all night, watch movies, go to karaoke, and not forgetting sipping our ice blended while cruising at hot studs in Gurney Plaza.
Well, that was the happy times we had...

Come back to reality, am now having my lunch in one of the Svenz Kopitiam in Sunway, Butterworth with a hot guy beside me...wonder if he could be the one...

2 comments:

  1. whose the 1 u mention in the ong family???
    well i think in our record its just only 8 i think....jeff,u,jason,kevin,johnny(transsexual),fabian,me,kenneth
    mervyn no longer is family ong,n william.....i don think so....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks for reminding me...though I have not been keeping up with u guys. I'm so missed you guys. Kenneth AKA Sydney now and he's still the same ah kuei, I guess.

    ReplyDelete